Wednesday, February 07, 2007

That which put a smile on hobo's face

1. She consistently refers to herself as 'hobo' in her writing i.e.in the third person. Hobo, me ,I mean I am a narcissistic biatch. La Biatcha, that is me.

2. Paraphrased from a comment by some evolutionary biologist on a recent exhibition on homosexuality in nature in Norway: There are more things unnatural than homosexuality-things that humans do such as religion or sleeping in pajamas. These series of exhibitions in Norway are quite inspiring because they took birth only once their Government encouraged museums to instigate political and social debate on previously taboo subjects. I wish our Government did that, or even considered investing in museums or cultural centers in shiteous urban nightmares like Noida or Gurgaon or even South Delhi. Then again I wish our government, actually our polity did a lot more than just invest in culture. I wish they'd commit harakiri. The exhibitions seem challenging especially the one on homosexuality with pictures of male whales penis-fencing, a dolphin penetrating another male dolphin's blow hole. Apparently 1/5th of couples amongst swans are homosexual. It's been documented in worms and beetles too! Maybe it isn't news to some of you but me, the plebeian, thought it was a human phenomena and a manifestation of aberrant behaviour in some species of animals. But it's been documented in nearly 1500 species. That's a lot and enough to debunk many many many myths. Why am I so supportive of homosexuals? Because I'm friends with many of them and you know what.....come closer coz I'll tell you a secret.........*hobo looks around furtively and drops her voice a little lower*....... homosexuals are people too. One exhibition explores the myth of national heroes in WW-II, another seeks to demystify the notorious Vidkun Quisling who in my mind exists only as synonym for treacherous and repulsive behavior.Much like me calling someone Mulayam Singh (singularly for being more concerned with UP politics whilst being Defence Minister, the man's power hungry but realistic about the realizability of his ambitions. Not a dreamer like Laloo who regularly terrorizes the nation with his aspirations to become Prime Minister.....) or Telgi. But Telgi's just the tip of the iceberg. Much like if I want to liken someone to a dumbfuck who has access to the greatest honours and privileges in life despite doing nothing but being born lucky and in to the right family, I call them Rahul Gandhi.

3. The thought of neutering the Gandhi family (Sanjay should have started with his own) puts a smile on my face and assures me that this is truly the only way of ensuring that the democratic cogs of this country move without much friction.

4. Getting a big fat, sluggish thulla to chase after you with his lathi, his growing frustration and rising impotent anger puts a wide grin on my face. It happened in Lodhi Garden, my friends and I weren't part of the hand-jobs-behind-the-jhaadi-brigade but were lowly measly, upper-class stoners who also happened to hail from that reprehensible sub-species of human, females. It' strange but in parks I have noticed couples rarely get any trouble unless it's Valentine's Day and the RSS celibates come out charging at all and sundry for sharing in that which they ostensibly abrogated. Frankly if you're an RSS celibate then you don't choose to remain sexless, that's a choice the world made for you and since that is the case I can understand where all that vitriol comes from. Delhi parks are bizarre, couples get no grief from anyone, all-male couples seldom get any grief just the occasional thulla who pretends to be completely galled but only because he wasn't invited. However, an all-female couple is as popular as a watering hole in the Serengeti, or at least as effective as the watering hole in attracting predators. Hmm....I shall say no more because I have exhausted all words on the problem of sexual harassment in Delhi. India actually but Delhi particularly because it is what I am familiar with.

5. Losing weight. No no no cross that out, solving the quick (not cryptic, I may be smart but not a rocket scientist) crossword in under 5 minutes. Delight!

There's more like shooting down a guy who makes a cheesy pass at you in a bar. I am narcissistic and sadistic so when I come back with a zinger that I know will singe and sear the laddie for life, I rejoice! More, more, more but I gotta go bathe and start the day abhi so later!

Anon my lovelies.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2: there were many astonishing facts in there. Rahul gandhi has recently been charged for rape and the matter has not been allowed to appear in news. Opus Dei involved as well. The girl and the mother are missing.

Is thulla a cop?

hedonistic hobo said...

@bricks: si, si thulla is a cop indeed. street slang for a cop in delhi methinks perhaps not in mumbai. whaddya call them in mumbai? this rahul gandhi story you reveal is quite suspect only because of this involvement with the opus dei.
so how are you?

InExile said...

Muah ! have a tangy day !!

while i go read this post again !

InExile said...

Muah ! have a tangy day !!

while i go read this post again !

Anonymous said...

me fine, gee, thanks for asking! Played a lot in the snow today. even built a snowman. did u have snow there?

A policeman is called pandu in Mumbai. The name derives from a dada kondke movie named 'pandu hawaldar'.

BarryCuda said...

Hobo,

mumbai i.e. Bombay slang for Cop; mamaa, mamoo, pandu, tholo.

rahul gandhi, rape and opus dei? don't make me laugh, i ain't in the meed.
opus dei has no presence in india. its hard enough for the Vatican to be there, you think they'll let OD in?

Eve-teasing, hobo, that's the correct term. gave my cousins from blighty, much amusement, this uniquely indian euphemism.

deutchland, huh? well, things could be worse. i hear the brewsky's pretty good out there.

and hey, i know fags are people too. and look, unlike your potential employers national scourge, i am not advocating lasting solutions here, but let us be honest and critical here.

not all studies are critical. most in fact have a "slant." they do what Sherlock Holmes cautioned against, fit facts to suit theories, not the other way around.

Homosexuality may be more common than we previously asumed, but it remains an anomaly. it is self-destrective. it militates against the "prime-directive", i.e., go forth and multiply. read richard sykes. homosexuality demonstrates all the classic symptoms of a genetic DISEASE. it is a means of cultral suicide. while tolerated, it must not be promoted.

and please, there is only self-loathing ans masochism in attempting to belittle the trememdous sacrificies and heroic efforts of all who fought in WWII. and humanizing Quisling, Himmler et al,is a good tool for forensic studies, but please, there is no conflict in declaring them eveil humans. humans commit evil, animals and gods don't have that luxury of choice. so in my mind, it is an evil human being. no conflict there.

that's all for the moment....

cheers....!

Anonymous said...

http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/14441/index.php

You can read the Rahul Gandhi news in here. This hasn’t been making much hue-and-cry in media maybe due to its veracity or maybe due its farcical nature. Nobody knows…

So how have you been? It’s been quite some time since you wrote and I was starting to miss your sardonic and cutting posts. And above all I was feeling a void of not commenting on your blog. But life has been quite hectic, taking the grind day in and day out and also inundated with despondency when you put yourself in a vicious circle of fighting the inevitable. I think it’s the price you pay for living an American dream.

Homosexuality is not an aberrant behavior it’s as normal as craving of a person for the person of opposite sex. It (homosexuality) results from the exposure to certain hormones in fetal stage. So in medical terms it’s a usual phenomenon. It’s like we all have 50% probability of being homosexual and 50% heterosexual. It all depends on what side the coin falls.

Yeah thullas or mamas as we used to call them are as notorious as the dogs at my place. You never know when they might bite you. The less we talk of RSS and Shiv sena the better… they are fucking-panda-shit. It’s like the guys in these orgs. have defunct phallus and even the Viagra has stopped working. So they work on the notion that if they can’t enjoy the vagaries of nature nobody else can…

whitelight said...

THULLA..

in bombay we call them PANDU

iz said...

Rahul Gandhi has been charged with rape???? Where do you guys get this news man?

BarryCuda said...

dear al,

its not "like" we all have a "50 percent probability of being gay."

were that the case, half the population of the world from time immemorial would have been gay.

that is manifestly untrue.

look, in know that the power and influence of the 'pink-habd' is far reaching. i know that they practically own universities and run it with a totalitarianism not seen since the heydays of 'Chailman Mao' and 'Comrade Stalin', but that still does not acquit you or anyone else for their failure to apply reason and common-sense logic to the world around you.

yo bricks,
dada kondke is hilarious. remember the dhagala lagli ditty?

hedonistic hobo said...

@everyone: stop sreading such salacious rumours as rahul gandhi's been charged with rape!

@inexile: yippeeeeee you're back!?!

@barrycuda: you. i will kill you when i see you next. what is it about gay men that aggravates you so? the courage they've shown and you hav yet to muster? barry what happened with you and that thulla in nehru park, under the moon kissed sky, that's what gay men do. now don't tell me you didn't like it. Hahahahahahahaahahahaha!
old delhi cops really liek barry.

hedonistic hobo said...

@szerlem: you're too kind bebe. how have you been? didja know surly girl back in school by the way?

Anonymous said...

Barry

When you toss a coin what is the probability of the coin falling on heads or tails? It is 50-50. Now if you do that 10, 100 or zillion times it can happen that every time the coin falls - it's head or it's tail (or maybe a different percentage) but inspite of what the result was....the next time you toss a coin the probability still remains 50-50.

Now I’m not going into details as I have a pounding headache, moreover, if you aren’t able to understand this much then the rest will be too much for you.

TS said...

"my friends and I weren't part of the hand-jobs-behind-the-jhaadi-brigade but were lowly measly, upper-class stoners who also happened to hail from that reprehensible sub-species of human, females."

Rolling on the floor!

Szerelem said...

Oye where did my comment go????!!!
:(
No I don't think I knew Surly...not surprising eh?? It really is a factory!
I am good...same old, same old...whats up with ya?