Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hobo's dying hedonism

Post Script: Hobo's mum hath requested her to identify a Hindu temple and get blessings from temple priest on the day of her birth. The only temple hobo knows of is the Hare Rama Hare Krishna temple and she not be a big fan of that cult. Barrycuda avers they be sexual perverts so then one wonders why hobo not be a fan of this cult but hobo is a woman of many quandaries and this is yet another one of them. Hobo shall abide by her mother's request and visit temple and get token blessings, because they certainly aren't deserved, but she wants something like her annual yagna nonetheless which is how she decided to tap in to her hardy, quirky contacts in the city's teeming underground......

Hobo: Hey Shaman, good to see you again. I have a request. I need a cleansing ceremony on the day of my birth. I was thinking of going the Hindu way but figured this is different and more exciting and most Hindu sects preach the many paths to God anyway so...........

Shaman: Hobo, hi darling how're you doing? *air kiss air kiss* Now stop shitting me coz I know you're an athiest.

Hobo: Athiest until I get a sign. So I'm a fence-sitter, that I am but I am also a traditionalist. No family here this time round the time o' my budday buddy and I wanna do something to hark me back to the days of yore.

Shaman: OK where's your home, I'll perform the cleansing ceremony there.

Hobo: I'm a hobo, I don't have a home.

Shaman: *massages his temples, looking obviously pained by her* Okkkkkk where do you spend a lot of your time here?

Hobo: *points to The ****** across the street* The pub.

Shaman: *siiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhh* Fine. It'll be weird but it'll be at the pub.
*************************************************************************************************

I haven't partied much the past month and a half or so. Actually since Benny left. Teri yaad mien yaara dildaara, hum bus teri rah takhte rahe. Which is insane. It's unmerited too (not because you're not worth it Benny but as such I believe any kind of abstinence is absolutely unnecessary unless you're diabetic) , I know I don't really have much to celebrate but surely it can't be that hard to invent a reason. So my parents went ahead and did me one better, they invented a reason. Me! My budday more specifically. I need to compensate for a serious depression in my hedonism. Even though I recently professed a desire to curtail my hedonism, turns out I have and I needn't any longer. I've been sober, monogamous and decent. I haven't been me. I need a night to smash this fucking domestic mould, mold more like it. Feather's coming all the way from Toronto as is Manju-Dahlink from Delhi, the Junior Vicar shall make his presence felt too. As will MC Nigga Savage who unfortunately is a social retard but nonetheless shall make for merry company with his Swedish-English gangsta-isms. This boy is white as snow, but his spirit is that of a gangsta. Sanitized suburban living sure warps these kids up. Seriously wait and watch what happens to the kids being spawned in those lofty Gurgaon towers. Seriously what would your identity be if you grow up in Belvedere Towers? Or Mayfair? How about a dose of reality? Mayfair, Gurgavan, Haryana. Will these kids recognize themselves as Haryanvi manor (manner too) borns? The names property developers christen these luxury apartments with to attract nouveau money is rather telling no?

Oooo this is funnnnnn, I get to draft a guest list. The Hook and I used to do that every time we planned a night out in The Bubble. Not just because there were people to avoid but essentially because being two social butterflies we'd fluttered through a melange (there's that word again) of different crowds and grouping them all together always spelled trouble. Or worse, boredom. Now is the time to draft yet another one. But, for a Friday or a Saturday. Ugh! I hate partying on Friday or Saturday nights in any city. Everyone's out, everyone's in a 'partay' mood and everyone finds my fucking feet to stomp on. I hate large crowds, I hate uber-loud dhin-chak dhin-chak music and worst of all, I hate the fact that on a Friday night some of my favourite London party places i.e. lounge bars, morph in to clubs. There's always Molly Moggs to start the night at and Lounge Lovers to end the night at. Or Zivania's arms which is what will happen if I get drunk enough and get my way.

!!!!! ARSENAL JUST LEVELED!!!!

Benny for you and me, since our birthdays are quite near each other's, I'm gonna live it up in Soho. He and I hosted the mother of all 18th birthday parties together. And it was one fucking crazy night that neither he nor I can ever forget. Or remember...... There was sex, drugs and rock and roll, I know this because I have been told. Those were the days when I was still a virgin so the sex wasn't me, it was The Harridan's cleavage. The Harridan was famous in our party circle for trapping men between her 'gruesome twosomes'. She'd hover around the chosen target all night long, getting him drunk, drunker, drunkest. Blind, blinder, blindest. Like the witch in Hansel and Gretel, fattening them babies up till they were ripe for consumption. Trust me only the drunkest guy in the room would consent. And by consent I mean he'd pass out between the gruesome twosomes. One remarkably smart and cute guy fell in to that trap that night and forever more I'll be astounded by it. Not that his other option inspired much confidence but at least she wasn't annoying on top of being an idiot. Poor thing didn't have a bear trap of a cleavage though.

But your best buddy alcohol can do that to you, turn on you when you're down and out. How many times have I snapped out of my alcohol dazes and thought 'WHAT. THE. FUCK.!?!' That too right when his lips are coming at you like an aardvark's snout and you snap out of it, have an out of body and a momentary (and impossible) sober moment and think 'help me'. No no no no Siree I be learning that my soul's my best friend, alcohol's just a great drinking buddy! :)

!!!AND HENRY JUST SCORED!!!! ARSENAL WIN !!!! O BALLE O BALLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT'S A REASON FOR SOME SERIOUS HEDONISM!!!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

oye match over?? It was 1 nil when I was at the squash court.

whrs the party?? bday yippieee

hedonistic hobo said...

2-1 bricksy 2-1!! equalizer in the 83rd and a beauty of a header by henry in the 92nd, one he managed to get in with his eyes closed.

hedonistic hobo said...

bricksy what's your link?

Anonymous said...

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/jan/21shilpa.htm

Check the link!

I never knew soccer was that invigorating that it can make one feel hedonistic. But alcohol is surely revitalizing, though treacherous. Ask me! I have been drinking like a hippopotamus for the last 3 days and what riot I have been making …

Aur tera b’day abhi tak aaya hi nahi? Arey mujhe tha ki you would have been done with it eons ago. Anyway, lots of wishes and have a blast!!:)

Btw, congrats to you and to bricks for India’s win and that (my) dada is back with a bang. I heard he made a swashbuckling 98? Is it true?

I also heard that Man-united and Chelsea suffered shock defeats and that 4 out of top 10 seeds crashed out of women’s draw in Australian open?

eM said...

yay birthdays! i love birthdays :) and totally get what you mean about mayfair et al, imagine growing up in a place like that, i'm from mayfair dahlink, in harry-anna. :)

iz said...

HAPPY BUDDAY girlie!

Szerelem said...

happy birthday honey!! (umm....when is it exactly??)
I'm not a big fan of the Hare Krishna group but I have to admit they have the most amazing music at the temples....i'd never have thought bhajans could be that catchy....

hedonistic hobo said...

@Iz and Szerlem:

Thank you and thank you. BUT I aint 24 yet bitches! It shall appear magically in that description box on the top of my web page then ye shall know. One clue for my budday. Elephants marching. :)

partly cloudy said...

heh heh..here's to hedonism babe. enjoy the budday and may domesticity be doomed.
i love it when scruples melt away when drunk..'the superego is soluble in alcohol'..as i've read somewhere i cant remember.

hedonistic hobo said...

@partly cloudy: heyyyyy where had you disappeared to bebe? i can't seem to be able to comment on your blog for some reason. strange. o well, i think it's well good that you be back.

jairaj said...

Hey, Happy Birthday, I gather from the drift of comments above. ;) Alcohol, for me, makes things appear fun most times. And it calls for serious Hedonism, Hobs!

Anonymous said...

@Al - thx and congrats to u too. Dada did hit 98, with eyes closed, too.

Did u guys read abt Chappel being slapped abt a fan?

@szerlem - i agree tht the tunes are catchy. was that where trance was invented?

@hobo - u obviously got my link. left what u wanted in the comments section.

BarryCuda said...

Hobo,

not only is ISKCON the stuff perverts are made of, they're also officialoly broke. Firm in Century City did their bankruptcy.

I wish we could all celebrate our birthdays the way it was, back in the day, when Ashoka was Chand-Ashoka and before that sanctimonious bastard ruined Hinduism forever.

It used to be customary to sacrifice one bull at least on such days. The gutters(yes they had gutters) of Patliputra used to run red with blood. And then there was Soma. Where the fuck is Soma? Why do we have to settle for magic 'shrooms when Soma sired the Mahabharata and the Ramayana? what a fucking trip man.

Among other unfortunate events, India was proclaimed a republic on Hobo's birthday.

No wonder hobo never liked celebrating this day.

Szerelem said...

@bricks: Hmmm no idea about trance but I do know that they stress on music a lot because it transcends boundaries and attracts people to the sect. And also because the first few converst were drugged out hippie types....

whitelight said...

happy birthday lady

whitelight said...

This week its all Polly Jean Harvey. Oh! How I love that woman.
Is this Desire?

Anonymous said...

... and we win again... Tendulkar went for a duck... but came back with 2 wkts at important points in the game. He should be benched for some more in-form player, though.

hedonistic hobo said...

thank you guys but my budday is still not here yet! i am still 23 motherfuckersssssssss so lemme be. :)

@barrycuda: where is the soma rasa? i shall make it. we shall in fact! let us go now, scavenging through the himalayas for the necessary herbs. there are many nice herbs in the himalayas.

@bricks: yippeeeeeeeeeee

@vladimir putin: you have been appointed chief guest but you better behave putin. i got my eye on you. and in india we got stuff better than plutonium, it's called jamalghhota......

Emma Blowgun said...

Haipy Burday to you dear Hobo, haipy burday to you. If we were in a Hindi movie, we'd be in a massive house with a balustraded staircase and a chandelier and you would be cutting a cake wearing a white frilly dress and someone would start singing a song right about now :).

Enjoy 24 baybay, I will be there in 8 months and am dreading the day. I have already started buying in to the eternal youth dream and am currently dispensing of large denominations of notes easily and freely; everyday I come home clutching little pots of potions and tubes of cream to my chest in the vain hope that they will magically erase the nicotine lines on my forehead...sigh :).

BarryCuda said...

aye, many herbs and no ailments.

wonder what keeps us here. More hope than anything else i suppose.

hope v. expectations.

worst fucking case in the world.

KVA said...

yo,

happy birthday. getting close the dreaded 25. just another yr to go.

have a blast n catch u sometime.

Anonymous said...

Happeee budday dear Hobo, happeee budday. Oye mithaaiyaan ho jaaye. May you have an awesome day.

Anonymous said...

@surly - can't reach ur blog frm office!! missing it.

Anonymous said...

dearest hobo,
Public opinion sways towards another birthday, the mob just cant get enough of birthdays....so even if you arent [gasp] 24 yet, the public demands one...yeh public hai , sab mangti hai!!! So swept in the fervor please accept my felicitations too.. humpy bud(y)-days!!!

-UnSane

That Armchair Philosopher said...

happy birthday oh hedonistic one :)

hehehe love the temple post. Shamans couldn't be all that bad.

Have you tried druids? just hop over to stonehenge one full moon night, throw off your clothes and dance naked around the stones. Its supposed to help you, though I'm not quite sure how exactly.

hehe. Mayfair towers in Harry-ana, mwah mwah dahlink? At this point, it actually reminds me of people in the M block market at GK. Really. I can just picture them speaking like that. hehehehe, an aquaintance at rkp - once upon a time - went to australia for a visit, and came back with an _American_ accent.

When needled, it changed into a terrible aussie accent and then dropped altogether - funny as hell :D

oh and Arsenal rocks. Thierry Henry is AWESOME.

Beth Ditto, meh, not so much.

Anonymous said...

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36331

Did you see the flick Blood Diamonds?

simmi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOBO DAHLIN!

I dont think u should worry too much about reinventing ur self. Hobo-bohoism is a state of mind, which comes across in ur writing.

Hope all kinds of unexpected wonderfull things happen for u and that u may feel like the cosmic center of the universe.

Kiss kiss

TS said...

Belated HB! Have a good year!

Much Love.

Anonymous said...

arre, where are you?

whitelight

Emma Blowgun said...

Viksit I know I don't own the phrase but mwah mwah daahlink is so me, really must you make it yours?!