Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's Getting Better All the Time

Dum de dum dum daaaaaaaaaaaaa! :)


A. It's a beateous day. I like these sunny winter days. And it is winter, don't let them Germans let you think it's Autumn. It's around 12 degrees, bright sunshine, clear blue sky, autumnal leaves (ok so maybe the trees got convinced by them Germans but don't let them fool you!!!) line the roads in bright ochres, browns and yellows. Gorgeous hot men line the roads in bright ochres, browns and yellows. Their hair, I means ke. I'm not too fond of blondes though. They do nothing for me.


B. I don't have a white skin fetish even though I've been with a lot of them. Not lot like a Skanky McSkank would have been, but lot like plenty. Enough to have to deal with such a ludicrous accusation. Time and time again I have explained to my elder brother that I am not a coconut, I just enjoy sex. Brown women can like sex too you know, just not under the conditions they're made to have sex typically in the sub-continent. (I just finished writing a paper on domestic violence as a public health priority, and sexual rights are not something that either gender is aware of). Sex with men of not your choosing, with little contraceptive rights and that too with Indian men who in comparison to Europeans just don't have the skills. I don't reallyhave the locus standii to make such broad-sweeping generalizations but in my experience, Indian men have been disappointing thus far.......... Right. Moving on. I don't have a white skin fetish but I have to admit people in Germany are very attractive and they're predominantly white. At least in North Germany. At least in this city. I wish it was more multicultural but as long as the men are fit and smile at me, I won't complain too much. They're certainly more attractive than English and Delhi men. I think that's essentially because this is a healtheir lot of people. Everyone in the city cycles if they can or is in to some physical sport so even at 40 they're fitter than I have ever been in 24 years. They eat healthier more season specific and locally grown food and essentially, they're just so darn pretty! However, I must add a disclaimer here. Celibacy, loneliness and unbridled enthusiasm on a lovely winter....y day has made me lower my threshold for who I classify as 'hot'. That might explain plenty or at least why I was staring at the pasty-white paleface in the morning with lovelorn smitten eyes. I snapped out of it quickly but not without shudders and a little loss of self-respect. Having said that, I will still bet my life on the fact that these people are waaaaaaayyyyyyy better looking than the English. Way. Way. Way. Way. Way better looking. What makes them more attractive is that the average fellow on the street is kinder, politer, more genuine and extremely helpful. I have yet to complain of a bitter experience here, thus far whoever I've approached for help with say finding a place or help in the grocery store, they've been so kind and genuine. People in my city are not like that even though we like think of our Delhi as dilwalon ki dilli. People in London are usually cordial but seldom warm. I've complained about that before.


C. I keep seeing Mr. Tinkertrain. I think he might be a consutlant at PwC, he might be Turkish and he is all kinds of hot. He also looks like such a bad boy which does not bode too well for our romance. (He is yet to be informed of our romance incidentally). I believe that I represent the bad girl or the tough girl at the very least, so hence bad boys do nothing for me. Zilch. Nada. 'Ooops! there goes my libido'-nada. It's the good ones I get drawn to like a moth to a flame. What does good and bad mean here? Not much, because the good have been mostly bad for me. Still, we are doomed to repeat the mistakes we make. You see, I met a good guy. A guy with a great smile, adorably awkward dancing skills and an abiding love for Bob Dylan. The last one was the cincher. Unfortunately he is an accountant. Next to Lavatroy Sanitation Officer, that has to be the most unsexy career for a guy to have even though he makes considerably more money than a Lavatory Sanitation Officer. And probably smells better. By good, I mean secure, ambitious and gentle men. The good man for me is quiet, reserved, shy, generous, delightfully funny when he opens up to you, a good cook, great lover, kind and tender. The bad man is the good man after I stop dating him. :) There is no bad man, just a good or bad relationship actually. But I generally like quiet guys, with a calm energy about them. Because I am their antipode. So why did I say that the Turkish man looks like a bad boy? There's a rough edge to him, I can't explain it, it's just gut instinct.


D. Sexy Careers:
Marine Biologists
Evolutionary Biologists
Conservation Biologists
Astrophysicists
Transplant Biologists (I like scientists)
Photographers (wildlife, even better)
Architects
Civil Engineers
Bassists
Pianists
Political-Economists
Critical Theorists
(Cultural) Anthropologists
Marxist Economists
Litigation Lawyers
Business Journalists (Print)
Agriculture Economists
Public Policymakers & Practiotioners
Drummers
Animators
Djs
Business Consultants
Writers
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There are plenty more, but I just can't think of them right now. This is in no particular order, unless you're an Aussie Marine Biologist who is also an excellent surfer. Call me!

E. Got it! The rough edge thing. It's the alpha-male vibe. It puts me off.

F. Güten tag everyone!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been lurking here for a while now, really like the way you write. I'm an Indian currently in Germany. Are you in Cologne by any chance? Just curious. Your description fits the city.
Devi

hedonistic hobo said...

Danke schön! :)

Nope, not in Köln but I am considering visiting it real soon. How long have you been in Germany?

Priyanka said...

What a fun blog, am glad I stumbled upon it!

Anonymous said...

Bitte schön! :-)
About 5 months now.
Guten Tag!
Devi

TS said...

The colours on your blog... phew!

. said...

how do you get those two dots on the O. Like the motorhead O?

Renovatio said...

Hahaha, she said pianist. :D

Oh come on, I get to be immature sometimes.

Sig said...

Hahah...I was giggling at the pianist too... :P

notice how all the sexy careers are something really obscure or specialised - I think it's because people getting into those fields would need to be passionate about them and passionate men are sexy men.

That's my theory for today.

Then again, I actually did once know a Marine biologist/surfer guy at uni - and yes they are all what they are hyped up to be :P

hedonistic hobo said...

@Silvara and Renovatio: What's so funny about pianist? Classical pianists are zexy much like classical Spniash guiatr players.

hedonistic hobo said...

@Art: I have a German keyboard, the dots or the umlauts are already here. But if you really wanted to you could look up ASCII codes on google and figure out how to conjure them without a German keyboard.

Sanjeev said...

>it's not always pretty.

and it's more fun that way? :)

Just found your blog through a comment you left at mine. And wow... this is a very different kinda blog. A very different style...unique..something new and refreshing. Maybe not for all..but new and refreshing for sure. I like. See you around.

Anonymous said...

check out the latest tehelka
-PC

hedonistic hobo said...

@Sanjeev: Danke schon and likewise!

@PC: I have. I"v been reading it for the past two days over and over again, making notes It"s chilled me to the bone.

That Armchair Philosopher said...

Hello hello! Its been a *while* :) First off, I'll be a grammar nazi and tell you there's no umlaut over the u for the guten. Moving on.

Careers - heck, doesn't a career description involving humanoid robots scrambling around a desert sound exciting to you? Thats like cultural anthropology meets the best of technological pyschology. on crack. surfing. with sharks behind you. :D

How's Deutschland treating you? And greetings from Delhi!

Serendipity said...

Wo! I totally loved this post!!
I'd go with Bassists. they have the wild unruly hair thing going on most of the times :)

Man! there are so many things i want to say!!! I recently watchd a LOT of greys anatomy back to back and was wondering how/why i find these goras so hot! they totally are!

Renovatio said...

But noooi. It's funny.

Anonymous said...

I liked what I read as a first time visitor to your blog. You writing style resembles another blogger though "The Compulsive Confessor" if only you know who she is.
Good work though. Keep it up !

Anonymous said...

Lol, being a male biologist I like the post!! Although I have to say its not often called a sexy career choice...most often when I mention what I do...people are like...oh...now we don't know what to say...or the other extreme...they try and act as if they know a lot about the subject...which usually ends up being a disaster....

Emma Blowgun said...

Asscuse me, aap bol rahi hain ki ladys log ko bhi sharrarik sambandh rakhna pasand hai? Darasal yeh bilkul galat hai.

Hobes, everytime I come back and read your blog, I am convinced that we suffer through life in the same fashion. I am constantly labeled Gora-Lover. I mean, can I help it that white men are able to look past my mild obesity to see the exotic ethnic bourgeois princess that resdies within? I suppose the difference is that while you have slept with plenty - I have graduated to Skanky McSkankstein.

I am thinking of bringing my blog back from the dead. Kar loon?

Also, I hate DJs. Primarily because there are too many b2b sales middle management types who become DJs to lend their personalities some pseudo-arty dimension.

Pyaar aur jhappiyan,

Surly

PS: Do you have Skype? We should totes Skype.

iz said...

Hey good to be back and hear you in such good spirits!

Anonymous said...

Lost again, Hobo?

@surly: pls pls pls revive your blog.

-b

??! said...

thou hast disappeared. Whyso?

Anonymous said...

did some german guy convince u that it iz bad to blog? ja? scheize! plz ur fans await you..

hedonistic hobo said...

you're my sole fan newhobofan. i"ve been thinking about reblogging but there"s nothing to write about and yet plenty. i"m reading doris lessing"s the golden notebook and feeling a writer"s block. not that i"m of a writer just one helluva debauched girl with literacy skills. but much debauchery has occured and is in the offing that i must pen down here. but this golden notebook glares back at me every time i write just a word. anon! anon! let the fucking hangover wear off.

. said...

hobo..i hope sauerkraut don't cause writer's block. I added your name to that "I read" thing. Just so you know. Please write more. And NO pickled cabbage. really.