Hobo loves TV even though she doesn't watch much of it anymore. I don't like this set top box system da, it just don't gel with me. Gone are the days of tuning the channels according to your preference-- 1-10 news, 11-14 music, 15-18 (growing up it was just 15) cartoons, 19-23 the 'knowledge' channels. Now it's all pre-decided by Tata Sky--Entertainment, Music, News and Knowledge. News and Knowledge really kills me everytime. Like people who say dave-ae-lope-ment and eko-nome-ee. Kun-sen-trating. Hehehe.........
And if you don't have a set top box as I don't on the telly in my room (but I do have MTNL's super awesome broadband connection so I watch whatever I have to online anyway) then there's always Zoom. I love Zoom, it's the only sincere news channel on offer. The blushing rose in the wilting channel bouquet. Vaah! Sincere? Considering its specialty is celebrity news.....Well the peeps, ma peeps on Zoom are unabashed about their objective. They don't have any aside from making vapid reports on vapid people and of course celebrating vapidity at it's vapid best. It's all about Bollywood in case you didn't get it. Unlike Aaj Tak or Star News, the Stardust and Movie magazines of new channels. The TOI and HT of news channels. Trash and trashier. Like a movie starring Amrita Arora and Meghna Naidu. Brrrr....... Like a Government where Deve Gowda's PM and Mulayam's Defence Minister. Or was that under I K 'Nawaz, yeh ILU ILU kya hai' Gujral? Probably Gowda, he must've slept through that appointment. Hah!
There are men and then there are no men in my life all at once. It's bizarre and oddly heartbreaking to have a few suitors. That's what I don't like about growing up, it all got complicated. This 'love' thread sprung from the fact that I'm listening to 'All of My love' by Led Zep right now and before it was 'One More Time' by Daft Punk. And I sounded like one didn't I? Anyway, it all got complicated and so thus ever so often I'm in a situation where I'm in to someone and they're not in to me or they're in to me and I'm not in to them and the one I actually want should be in to me, not Zivania, another, (I bounce back fast) says nothing like Zivania never did. There's a pattern to the grossly inappropriate men I direct my attentions towards. I know it. But I'm also a sucker for it.
A beloved friend of mine expressed his affections for me, it wasn't much of a surprise but I had hoped he would have found succor and a lesson, in my eternal cowardice and never expressed his feelings to me like I haven't to many in my life. But no. He had to tell me. So I did what I had learnt from another person's experience, I took him out for some beers and told him that I understood exactly how he feels. Not the loving me part because I know I struggle with it, not too much though but the being in to someone who isn't in to you part. And how much that sucks. We got trashed, we wept, we laughed, we sat quietly and stared in to space uncomfortably and then hit on randoms at the bar. I hope he felt good to know that I'm in the same place as he. I am and it seems like I booked me a fucking one-way ticket to this place. :) Why am I still here? Coz for all my cynicism I'm still a hopeless fucking romantic. And like the cynic I am, I'm gonna stick it out here in this dark tranquility and prove me right. Romance doesn't exist because my hopes for it got trampled on by a stampede of men. But it's worth waiting for right?
12 comments:
Don't tell me you were not used to the SKY box in the UK!!
"I understand" :)
the sky box also had a billion more entertaining channels! but no i didn't like it then either and looked forward to returning to my familiar series of set channels. but no!
... and one of the reasons I like reading you (your blogs) is because you ARE a 'hopeless fucking romantic'. Cheers.
It's out there, just around the corner. Unfortunately that corner's an immeasurable distance away. And by immeasurable it could be an inch just as much as a mile.
ok, i agree wholeheartedly about the pain in the ass the new set top boxes are.. i so miss being able to tune and set my tv the way I want it...
having everything preprogrammed and having to take it the way it is - the status quo - it seems a tad orwellian, but thats another story..
I agree with renovatio about the immeasurable distance concept... you never really know whats around which corner!
you say youre a cynic but still hopeful.. well i read once that hope and love are the cornerstones, the driving force of the human condition, so even the most cynical of us is not completely immune... (i should know..)
cheers...
the romancynic.
well i guess the best way to beat off cynicism and undue romanticalness (it's a condition) is to expel all expectations. and boy that's hard.
on a happier note the friend and i are still friends and shall continue being so because we're kewl like that. still it's as awful to hear it, as it is to say it to someone you really care about, 'i'm not that in to you'. i've been on both sides of this dialogue. and i guess that got me bummed. which one of us would be ok with knowing that you're hurting your best bud and there's nothing you can do about it? gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
It just doesn't exist :(
" Romance doesn't exist because my hopes for it got trampled on by a stampede of men"
i wonder whether to extend my sympathies or laugh my ass off on account of the skyhigh "ridiculous" quotient!!! Either way its a mountain (of men) of a mole hill (of men again)
"Its not you, its me."
Its fucking incredible. One would hope that such things exist only in sit-com land. I feel the poor bastards pain, but on some level I don't quite understand or even like, I take much joy in his pain.
Its a hardly a mystery. Love and loving walk hand in hand with misery. but since most of it is self-inflicted, I am not entirely sympathetic.
or is it self-inflicted? Because if its not, we're all in big trouble.
You had 15 channels growing up? Dude I had just one. DD.
"The Encyclopedia Galactica, in its chapter on Love states that it is far too complicated to define. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: Avoid, if at all possible."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Yes, it is worth waiting for
Post a Comment