She's just not on my side or something. God that is. At least I'm finally writing again and now too from Germany. Germania. Impression thus far....amongst the 4 people I've met one's beginning to seriously grate on my nerves while two have been absolute peaches and the third is.....the third just is. So far so good. But it could be better. For instance, Lufthansa could NOT have lost my luggage yesterday or returned my baggage today in a condition that screams for acknowledgement of human's bags' rights and the bodacious violation of which was meted out to my baggage. My massive strolley is even called VIP but did anyone care? It could be better, I could have internet connectivity in my uber-cute flat. This is going to be hit-and-miss. I've set up a cellphone account with 5GB of bandwidth or whatever it is but it just so happened that the area (the student district) in which my cute little flat is, lies outside the ambit of internet connectivity of my cellphone provider. This sucks for multiple reasons aside from amputating a vital part of me, the communicative part, it will necessarily deleteriously influence my job search. Yes I am here on work, very interesting work, but I do not intend to be here for much longer than 6-12 months. Preferably 6 months, there's a job for me in Delhi but I still plan to apply to more and pry open some options. It will also serve to clip my wings, had I had internet access at home I could access facebook, perezhilton, the new republic, ny times and more importantly, travel sites to book me out of this hell every weekend. It could have been better had the one Indian I'd been put in touch with in the city turned out to be a pot smoker instead of an oncologist-in-training. It is getting better. Though I can't access facebook from office I am writing this post from office. Though the keys to my flat are moodier than thou, I at least have my own stuff now. Even though I can't take my stuff in to the house since the keys have decided to fuck me over. And it is better, the Aryan male is quite a specimen and I have got to hand it to the Germans, they're mostly sweet people. Plus this city isn't the pint-sized English village I thought it to be, it's a city with an excellent transport network, the Ubahn train that goes underground then comes overground then goes underground then comes overground. It's quite cool ja! Not to mention this city isn't as expensive as either Delhi or London and I am making money. :)
But I anticipate 6 excruciatingly lonely months. Inshallah the internet issue will be resolved soon enough otherwise life here is going to be very difficult indeed.
But I anticipate 6 excruciatingly lonely months. Inshallah the internet issue will be resolved soon enough otherwise life here is going to be very difficult indeed.
3 comments:
What about the 4th person? God HAS to be a woman, ja!
You can still pick up the wireless connection if you can get hands on an extendable wireless adaptor... i know parker vision is a popular brand among the students in London.
And all the best.
bricks: i can't access your blog. but what is an extendable wireless adaptor and do i still need a phone line or some such for it? if your idea works i shall gift thee my first born.
u dont need a phn line for that. An extendable wireless adaptor can connect itself to ur comp by a long cable thru the USB port. You can catch a lot of wireless signals if you can just hang the other end of the adaptor/ device outside the window.
Post a Comment