Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Talk Broke Down

Haan, so I'm done being mopey. Especially since I came across some rather fierce intellectual posturing at a gender and development seminar and a homosexuality seminar both in the city. The first gem, from a rather portly babu with a warbly voice, white safari suit, a man-purse and absolutely no point to make. "I ask you, why are there no men in the 'Mahila Panchayat' (women's grassroot governance organizations)?' Er....um......eh!?! 'Beekaaaz there should be some space for men to express their feelings too......' Er...um....eh!?Uncle, all the space outside the Mahila Panchayat would be that space for men no? Oi oi oi well-meaning liberalistas are the most dangerous. Hehehe where are the men in the Mahila Panchayat.....hahahahaha! The other came from a lesbian poet in the city whose verse rather graphically and much to my gastronomic discomfort, implied that eating a woman's pussy is like eating Kallu halwai's phirni. Er.....um.......eh? And I suppose fellatio is like going for the kulfi-faluda. Hahahahaha!


Thanks for sympathetic messages peoples but no more. It's the season of break-ups form what I gather.



Where would this blog be without hobo's sagas of heartbreak eh? Nowhere. It certainly wouldn't have started without the dissolution of all things Lambu. And now yet another break up to break the lull that had set in on my committment to the blog. Why write when I'm hurting? Reassurance. It's so nice to know that everyone gets shafted. Those who haven't been should just wait a while. So please pour in the sympathy friends. At some selfish level I'm shattered because Z was going to be my bastion of support while I settled in to unknown Germania and settled in to the unknown. If nothing else he'd be a weekend retreat. A repreive away from loneliness. Now, now I know that I've signed a contract with my firm that banishes me to complete solitude. And I'm gonna hate it. Fucking eh Karma!!! It was gonna be hard for me anyway but thanks! Thanks for this. Not the first time either. The last time I moved out of The Bubble in to the unknowns of London I did it wading through the gulf of grief that was all I had left from Lambu. I waded through that, I don't think this one's gonna be that hard. But still. It hurts.


To be fair, this one was a long while coming. I was surprised that we even made this leap. I did have questions about how we would make it work and the answer is we can't. We're too self-absorbed. I have my life and schedule and has his. But still. It hurts. I made the same mistakes as I always do. I fell for the wrong guy. Some girls are attracted to the bad boy, this gregarious little hobo is attracted to the quiet, emotionally retarded types. The ones who never know what they want but are always so certain of what they don't want. And she keeps understanding them, offering interminable patience and comfort at the cost of her own. She likes being the doormat, it makes her feel utile. 'Z is this working for you? Because if we don't speak for two weeks at a stretch and are irregular with email, then I can't say that works for me. I don't think I can put up with feeling neglected.' Go girl! Pull the rug from under his feet! I need to hold myself back for a while and wait now. Wait for the guy who knows what he wants because I know what I want and I can't lead anyone by the hand. 'Honestly heau-beau it's not. I don't like phones and emails and......' 'And? When did you plan to tell me this Z? Never right? Until I brought it up.' My voice isn't even quivering, it's chirpy. Break-ups in perfect worlds are cathartic passionate affiars, like the affair itself. Mine are like signing a 'Memorandum of Understanding'. I want this and this, you don't, so then.....fuck off? I always turn cheerful during a break-up, it's beneath me to let him know that I am slowly crumbling. What's the point? I'm not gonna bait him with tears, with 'why?' or 'hai! hai!' :)


'Read the granth for empowered women hobo'. If he's just not that in to you then don't waste the pretty. *Followed by the gurrrlfriend! finger snap uh uh uh!* I get it Oprah. I get it Women of the World. I get it. What I don't get is if he's just not that in to me, then why am I so in to him? Then again, this time round I wanted it to end too. But still. It hurts. It aches. It wells up as tears. It streaks down my cheeks. It's a nausea. It's a hunger strike. It's playing a sad song over and over again. Elton John 'I want love'. Robert Downey Jr. is the only love of my life anyway. Like him, I too want love but it's impossible. With a man like Z so irresponsible. A man like Z is dead in places. Don't feel nothing, he just feels cold. Don't feel love, just old scars. But that would be me.


He's not. He just 'didn't know' (it's the phrase that would go on his epitaph, 'I don't know.') what a long distance relationship entails. And he didn't know that even though he comes across as the more emotionally unavailable fucktard, no one but no one knows how to maintain emotional muteness as I. He doesn't know that I still harbour hopes. Though he killed them, my hopes, in saying that it's hard for him to be in to me when he can't see me. Then why can I da? Women noooooo, it's sooooooooo easy for us to lower the defenses and then be trampled underfoot. Everytime we emerge from the wreckage, disshevled hair and tattered clothes (with heart prints hah!) and all, we always wear the same look of confuzzlement. Like, 'what just happened?'. What did just happen? We were a highly compatible pair with little passion and little excitement, a pair that to me was the anti-thesis of the instability with Lambu, a haven; and now that haven's no more and hobo's had to crawl out from her hole to acknowledge for once that what she's looking for is love. And if Z can't give it then she'll just find it elsewhere. But Z doesn't even know that hobo likes him enough to still have hopes of impassioned reunions. Why? That's the thing with me. For all my verbiage, I can't say what I mean. I can't show him my tears, I can't show my excitement upon meeting him and I cannot ever tell him that he meant something. Because I'm afraid of moments like these. Moments where the wind's knocked out of you and an entire harvest of dreams is razed to the ground. But there's no escaping moments like these. I've finally learnt it! And I'm finally unafraid of them.


So for the next month we won't allow each other to preclude other 'possibilities' and then when we meet up in London if there is some attraction then all good. If not, then not no. What to do? I do know, instincts have been blaring this message to me all day, it's over. Period. That I know. But still. It hurts.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many algorithmic 'If... then' clauses there. I had read in 'Notes to Myself' that there are no rules for something as gentle as the heart.

And again, no amt of words from anyone other than Z are prescribed at the moment.

hedonistic hobo said...

@Bricks: Hmm... you're right. But Z won't have the words. He seldom has any words. I'm not so hurt about losing him rather hurt by the fact that he'd be willing to lose me. :D Or maybe I'm just being facetious. Gaaaah! I dunno, all I know it kinda sucks right now. But mercifully I'm home amongst friends and family as opposed to being marooned in my solitude in Germania. It would've hit me harder there. Here it stings.

twip said...

I seem to get attracted to the tall, lanky, wont-talk-if-they-had-to-save-their-lives types. Or the I'm-too-cool-to-talk-so-I'll-be-a-loner types. And I just don't get it. I'm gregarious! I'm nothing like the types I like! And yet....sigh.

Don't fret hobo. Alcohol is the soothing balm to life's fuck-ups.

:)

That Armchair Philosopher said...

really? i would say *no* words from Z are needed right now. isolation's the best remedy you know.

for now anyway.

That Armchair Philosopher said...

and holy crap - your font colors, so meant for dark backgrounds show up pretty badly on all the feed readers. now WHY did people write those apps to grab *only* the font color, and not the backgrounds with them? hmm?

sniff.

TS said...

Hmmm, you need a bottle of Jack and that song... whats it called... Ya... I Will Survive by Aretha Franklin, I think!

And for future reference: Long distance won't work unless you've been seeing each other for a REALLY long time. But you know that already, right?

TS said...

Oh, and Sweety, please don't be upset. You know everyone who visits this space luuurves you!

:)

hedonistic hobo said...

well i can't resent him we have our schedules our spearate lives and there is no contending that. but i hope from his side it's more about that and less about out of sight and out of mind. coz if that is the case this time round i will punch him.

@TAP: in english please, whatever you said about the font and the background.

@TS: aww thanks but never call this emotional retard sweety, it really really really grates on me.

@punkster and everyone else who suggested it: weed and laughter are the best medicine.

besides if neither he nor i know where we stand on the like-o-specturm then it is kind of foolish to have any expectations whatsoever. so i may or may not write him ane mail saying blah blah blah. benny the benefactor suggested it too and i said, yeah but i'm not gonna grovel' to which he remarked if you want someone bad neough you will grovel. i don't think i want him that bad. i want a relationship to provide me with some support and succour through my time in germania but i guess i'll have to rely on the one person who fails me more foten than anyone else has. me. :)

iz said...

Hoblings you are super. Hugs hugs and more. His loss frankly. I'm sure he was dumb too. And small.

partly cloudy said...

youre in good spirits though...
weed, for short term relationship memory loss. also sleep, and exercise, for endorphins.
soak up delhi babe , des is the best remedy for heartbreak.

Zaphod said...

Haven't read the post. But I did speak with you this weekend. Just wanteeeed to sayyyy I still lurve ewwww Bobo!

Anonymous said...

Lolzzzzzz @kulfi-faluda

I say, cullingus is a real tongue twister ;-)

I like people who see the funny side of a morbid and morose situation.

I am also of the view point that one should give vent to feelings, even if, at the end it makes you feel vulnerable and fragile. As, you (and most of the people too) have the mental resilience and the tenacity to claw out of any heart-rending and tear-jerking predicament.

So don’t take the easiest option, rather punch the sadness right at its face.

Why do I feel that most people are moving in a vicious circle of “falling in” and “falling out” of love?!?! And this circle happens to have no tangents!


Take-care senorita!

Anonymous said...

Lolzzzzzz @kulfi-faluda

I say, cullingus is a real tongue twister ;-)

I like people who see the funny side of a morbid and morose situation.

I am also of the view point that one should give vent to feelings, even if, at the end it makes you feel vulnerable and fragile. As, you (and most of the people too) have the mental resilience and the tenacity to claw out of any heart-rending and tear-jerking predicament.

So don’t take the easiest option, rather punch the sadness right at its face.

Why do I feel that most people are moving in a vicious circle of “falling in” and “falling out” of love?!?! And this circle happens to have no tangents!


Take-care senorita!

thalassa_mikra said...

Germania eh? Hopefully the more cosmopolitan parts of Germania, where you get to gather a bunch of friends, go hiking in the countryside, knock back your alcohol of choice and hopefully move to a "I dated that???" phase in a couple of months.

Think of the possibilities. And German men aren't too bad, though emotional availabilty can be an issue.

Renovatio said...

And small?!? Now that's a low blow... or I'm reading it as one... either way, good on you to get out of it... I think...

I'm rather wordless right now, so I'll give you a song... you'll have to find it and download it yourself though... Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon... there, all happy now right? :D

hedonistic hobo said...

@Iz: ...but he was smart. ;)

@Zaphod: yes yes we did speak and i do luuurrrvvvveeee ewww too. besides i liked what you suggested, not just the telling him part but the 'dropping a line' to the other guy part. lalala

@Partly Cloudy: not des and not just weed but the cult of desi weed is the cure. plus yoga. and now jogging. i have never jogged in my life. ja bajrangbali!!

@Anon who I suspect is Albert: Point taken about taking chances. It's this age da, I'm just beginning to get a lot of grief from my parents who dated for 6 years before getting married. 'Why do you not have a boyfriend!?!'

@Thalassa Mikra: Show me a western European male with no eomotional avilability issues and I'll show you an Indian male. Or a South American one.

@Renovatio: Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

wild horses said...

germania still will be europe in summer..don't diss it, till you're sitting in that cafe being leched at by various (emotionally unavailable) european, indian men
...and i think i know which lesbian poet you're talking about..heeehee..

Anonymous said...

I just like the title of the post. It cracks me up, every time I read it.

3 songs which you can listen to...when you are getting stoned and high!



http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5FjOGz6uI&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iuUYZJuzie0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JU6lXOjP5XU&mode=related&search=

sea-ker said...

your post couldn't have come at a better (worse?) time. for me i.e. it's hardest when you see it slipping and can't stop it. i would know

iz said...

Hobo, you're not actually supposed to talk to them.

iz said...

Not supposed to talk to men. Uff! Was trying to do this feminist thing where men are hjust playthings and mucked up. Fuhgeddit. It was a dutty one.

Szerelem said...

Beekaaaz there should be some space for men to express their feelings too
Muahahahahaz.........I can actually hear the Beekaaaaz in my head!

And oye how come the moral polic were not out in full force at mention of pussy eating?

Spider42 said...

hey hobo,
sorry bout all the stuff you went through, im not gonna get all sympathetic and stuff cos, well, mostly I suck at it and Im sure youll get enough from your other friends...
but loved the addition to this post! wish i could have been at this seminar thingy, sounds better then most stand up shows in India!

Cheers...

TS said...

Swaytaze?

Anonymous said...

awaiting to hear abt my city from u

arunesh said...

Nice word : confuzzlement.
Yours?

Here's a song in exchange:

Victim or the Crime : Gr8ful Dead.