Mahmoud Abbas's comment about bread being more important for people over democracy, as an allusion to the possibility of him dismissing the democratically elected Hamas-led Palestinian Government, is frightening. And yet another instance of liberal hypocrisy. All the jingoistic cries of 'liberty, freedom and equality' raised by the American establishment as justification for their acts of war against, and in, the Middle East should at least now ring hollow to all of us. It is about time. Deploying policies to essentially starve out a people so as to get them to overthrow a democratically elected government, a system of governance that is the leitmotif of your verily virulent brand of foriegn policy is blatant hypocrisy, if not abominably immoral as well. Then again naive little ole me expects some notion of scruples in the realm of realpolitik. Besides the bread that the people of Palestine need is the establishment of a stable, sovereign and viable state not one that doesn't acuall exist. That doesn't actually have a President but does nonetheless. And certainly not one that derives its entire economic significance from international donations and Israeli tax money collected for the Palestinian Authority. Idon't know where I stand on the Hamas government. Given the limited sources, and the highly bigoted ones, it's hard to form an opinion on the quality of their governance. It is reported that Palestine is in shambles under Hamas. Um when was it not? It is reported that the cleavage between Fatah and Hamas runs deep through society, it is hard to ascribe blame to Hamas for something like this. For cleavages in Palestinian society. Consider any strife-torn, desparate society and then look for signs of internal peace and harmony. You might have better luck looking for a needle in a haystack.
So where did this completely disjoint post-script come from? Nowhere and everywhere. Outrage hardly needs a reason.
*************************************
This will be short. Something that just occurred to me. People actually, who came wafting up through the warren confines of many forgotten memories. Young Paul Newman........young Dustin Hoffman.....young Al Pacino (the yummiest of them all).....young Robert De Niro. I don't mean that I only liked them when they were young, I'm a big fan of theirs still but they were lust-worthy when they were younger. Besides barring Paulie it's hard not to lavish sooooooooooooo much love and adulation over the rest of them. 1970s American independent cinema. So many movies, so much genius and so many ordinary looking but extraordinarily delicious men!
OK over and out. Back to Family Guy.
One more thought. Two. The first. Pulchritude. An incredibly ugly word for something that's beautiful. Think about it. The second. I'm bored of Zivania, I thought I wasn't into playin games and so I find this safe boy who doesn't play games and now all I want is the chase. When will I ever stop craving for bad, indifferent, apathetic, often-cruel, chafingly-callous boys? When I stop feeling. Sigh. Now back to Family Guy.
12 comments:
actually the pic of al pacino isn't one of him when he was young. i think it was 'author author' when i finally went weak-kneed for him. not because of 'the godfather'. now of course mthinks he looked much better in 'the godfather'.
so who hopes the dems win the midterms?
you've either just read white teeth by zadie smith or have read it recently says the mind reader eM. :)
i actually haven't. it's the one zadie smith i haven't read but am curious as to why you allege that i have?
because she makes exact same reference to pulchritude, hang on, let me see if i can find it. well, i found my own reference to it anyhow, in this post.
http://thecompulsiveconfessor.blogspot.com/2006/01/lunch-munch-brunch-hunch.html
there ya go.
please dont get tired of those chafingly-callous boys, else they(we)'ll have to look for yummy 23-yr old highly chewy fodder elsewhere..
i can't get tired of those boys. i love them. and i'm masochistic. but dammit i can't let go of zivania yet, he's an amazing kisser. hmph! he still won't sleep with me. won't even suggest it. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN?!? must be because of low sexual confidence. shiite, where do i find these boys? oh when did i fall asleep and where did i awaken? why is it so hard for a decently good-looking girl to get laid in this world?
on other asides, here's finally a sat night when benny and i are hom smoking doobies and getting ready to watch jaane bhi do yaaron. now what will i write about?
hmmm...agree with what you say about it bein quite difficult to form an opinion on the hamas government. But when did the Bush administrations policies NOT smell of hypocricy. And Cheneys statements about water torture just made me want to hunt him down and shoot him. I mean seriously, what a fuck.
except Hoffman...*lusts*....
add daniel day-lewis and ralph fiennes...*LUSTS*
except Hoffman...*lusts*....
add daniel day-lewis and ralph fiennes...*LUSTS*
it's not just the bush administration, this form of persecution has been carried on by many prior american regimes. the best thing for bill clinton was to be succeeded by dubya bush because with that babboon in charge no one would actually notice the excesses of his own administration.
and szerelem, i see ralph fiennes and daniel-day lewis and raise your george clooney, joaquin phoenix and johnny depp. :) the point of the 4 men featured on the blog was that they all came from the same-ish era save for paulie who'd been around for at least a decade longer i think.
hmm....point about Clinton. I always wonder what Bush Sr. thinks of his son...he fought a justified war and was one of the few Presidents who had atleast some sort of idea of how to deal with middle east politics. his son is well...words fail me.
I don't know about Bush Senior's legacy, I honestly don't think the international community has actually ever successfully dealth with the post-colonial crisis that blossomed in the Middle East. And with the sort of hubrid and hauteur that's on display by the current Powers-That-Be, I doubt they ever shall. This whole idea of being liberators, empowered by some Buddhistic ballistic manna from heaven, that imploded nowhere else but in the minds of the leaders of Western Europe and USA is the hubris I am talking about. This idea is incredibly condescening towards the one who'd be 'liberated'. What's unforgivable is the hubris that's blinded them into belieiving that no one will see through this hypocrisy. No one will ever begrudge them the way the sullied a noble cause as liberty for their own pockets.
Post a Comment